This is an answer from a request from @drinkdiva on Twitter. Please follow her, she’s definitely very cool! Happy drinking drinkdiva!
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1 1- 1/4-inch-long piece fresh Ginger (about 1 inch in diameter), sliced
- 2 medium mangoes, peeled, pitted
- 1/2 cup Tito’sVodka
- Combine sugar, 1/2 cup water and ginger in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Cover; let steep 1 hour.
- Strain ginger syrup. Cool. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover; chill.)
- Puree mangoes in blender. Pour into measuring cup.
- Return 3/4 cup puree to blender (reserve any remaining puree for another use). Add 1/2 cup ginger syrup (reserve any remaining syrup for another use), vodka and ice cubes to mango puree in blender.
- Blend until smooth.
Drink up...it's good for you!